3 Mar 2008

Sci-fi

4 boxes of sci-fi and sci-fantasy arrived. I could have turned them away but saw Terry Pratchett & Anne McCaffrey recurring throughout, also, strangely, Nigel Tranter. There is already a customer for the McCaffreys and the Pratchetts. So here they sit beside me blocking the way.

Talking about ways, Mr Signcraft came to put the new sign up on the side door to tell the world Chloë is here too. He put an 'etched' sign on the glass door of the conservatory whch is now also her waiting room, and a sign to tell people that they should keep walking past the door in the middle of the building. But there he has failed us. That signs reads 'Back in Balance' and that's it. He forgot to put an arrow at the bottom of it and now they will all knock at my sealed off door. Nice man but he never listens to the end of the sentence. My printer has run out of ink so it's going to be a handcrafted arrow there for tomorrow.

It's snowing a little in with the rain so I think that's the end of trade for the day. The High Street looks dreich. Not sure what to watch this evening now I don't have Die Zweite Heimat any more. A big gap in my life.

No comments: